Blocked ears. Patulous eaustachian tubes diagnosed. What are the treatments available?

Hi, I have blocked ears, my left being more blocked than the right. I have had this for nearly 3 years. I am a 35yo female with 2 kids. I had grommets when I was 6yo. I saw my ENT last week and he said that I have Patulous Eustachian Tubes but no blockage. Also, my hearing is normal and ears are wax-free and apparently clean and healthy. However, my GP said that I have blocked ears, left ear more so than the right and this is exactly how I feel. I m not too sure about the inconsistency between the GP and ENT. What do you suggest this is that I am experiencing? What treatments are there for Patulous as I am quite frustrated with what I am experiencing with my ears (mainly left ear). I keep having to open my mouth to experience temporary relief of the blockage. I do not hear my own breathing/ heartbeat in my head. Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 21 Nov 2012