Blocked ear, odd hearing, high pitch audible. What is wrong?

I woke up two days ago with a blocked ear. It wasn t really all that bad though it felt like it was taking longer to get rid of than normal. After a couple hours it was still around, though after I finally managed to pop my ear, I started hearing an odd, robotic or whistling noise that came along with normal sounds in my ear. I don t hear it when there isn t any sound, only when the pitch is high enough I suppose. I just wanna know if this is something that resolves on its own.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013