Bloating, shortness of breath after having food poisoning. Reason?

Hi me and my boyfriend both got food poisoning when in India. The diahorrea went after about 12 hours and vomiting went after about 24 hours. Still didn t feel great the day or two after but the symptoms had gone, however it s been 5 days since and although I feel ok, my stomach is bloated out constantly even though i havent eaten that much and it does get worse when I eat and doesn t go completely down before I need to eat again (only been eating 2 meals per day since). When bloated, it also causes me to have shortness of breath when I talk etc.. Could this just be that my stomach hasn t settled properly after having the food poisoning, or could something of got more permanently damaged?
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013