Bloating, cramps and pain in the stomach. Have hypothyroidism. Taking armour thyro. Medication side effect?

Hi, I wake up at night feeling extremely hot and having bloating, cramps and pain in my stomach and intestines. I take pepto bismol, it takes an hour to 90 minutes to fall back asleep and cool off. I recently got diagnosed with Hypothyroid, I'm on Armour Thyro 15mg. I was wondering if the medication might be causing the symptoms? I also feel heartburn a lot. I started taking tums a few times a day.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013