Bloating, bitter taste in mouth, obstruction in throat, nausea, diagnosed to be GERD, advised medicines. How long should it be taken?

I have stomach bloating after meals, bitter taste in mouth somedays and feeling of something stuck in the throat(resulting in coughing) and nauseatic feeling. The above problems are intermittent and somedays the day gone on fine. I have been diagnosed based on above symptoms with GERD and given I tablet of Ganaton daily empty stomach in the morning. I have been having this for 30 days. However the problem still remains to be cured. I also have a spoon of Gelusil after dinner everyday. How long do I need to take the mdeicines.Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012