Bloated with constipation. Tapering the use of laxatives. How can I feel better?

Hi there after 2 years of stimulant laxative abuse I have decided to stop cold turkey (I got up to taking 20 a night, reducing it to 3 times a week) I have been laxative free now for just over a week following a strict high finer diet and exercise, I'm extremely worried though as I haven't had a single bowel movement since the last time I took laxatives. I constantly feel the urge to go but no matter how hard i try i just cant. As expected I am hugely bloated and I am severely uncomfortable - I feel (and look) like I could burst. I'm just wondering how long it should be until a normal movement occurs? Or have I completely ruined my bowel, will I ever get better?
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013