Bloated, tired, negative pregnancy test, irregular periods. Have taken the test too early?

I have been cramping for the last 3 days, i am bloated and feel tired all the time. I took a pregnancy test today (first response) and it was negative even though my period is not until the 15th of this month. Could i have taken the test too early? And should i expect more symptoms? I ovulated on the 1st and my husband and I were intimate.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Oct 2013
It is too early to say about pregnancy.
You have gone for test too early.
If do not get period on time, go for test again after 7-8 days passed of your expected date of period.
Ok and take care.