Bloated stomach, headache, dizziness. Pain under breast. Related to IBS?

hi there my name is heidi evans i am 21 years old and my weight is 9 stone . I been suffering from a bloated tummy headaches feeling dizzy, if i eat certain foods i suffer from a bloated belly and painfully spazmas in my tummy and a stabbing pain. I also have pain under my left breast when I am stressed this could be somthing to do with irratle bowel symdome but not sure
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Hi Heidi Evans,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with HCM.

Feeling bloated and having painful spasms when eating certain foods is a signal that your body is giving to you that such foods are not the right for you. Therefore, you should avoid them.

Next, having pain under your left breast when you are stressed out, could be related to bowel spasms induced by stress.

The symptoms your are having could also related to irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) but first organic causes should be ruled out by your GI specialist. So, I'd suggest to :

- observe what foods make your tummy become bloated and avoid them
- do culture of the stool to exclude candida infection
- examine your feces for ova/parasites
- do abdominal ultrasound or barium scanning to further evaluate your GI tract.

All the best!