Bloated stomach, gas, slight fever, lack of energy. Any ideas?

Yesterday I had a bloated stomach and gas and generally felt like crap. I took gas x and then alka seltser a little later. I then needed to lay down last night and had a slight fever for a bit and was hurting all over. Like I got hit by a truck. Today my stomach feels fine but it feels like somebody punched me in the lower center of chest,I have absolutely no energy or YYYY@YYYY
Any ideas?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013
Thanks for using Health Care Magic Forum,

Bloating may be related to:

Eating fatty foods. Fat delays stomach emptying and can increase the sensation of fullness
Stress or anxiety
A gastrointestinal infection, blockage or disease
Irritable bowel syndrome, a condition characterized by abdominal pain or cramping and changes in bowel function
Conditions such as celiac disease or lactose intolerance in which the intestines aren't able to digest and absorb certain components of food
To reduce bloating, it may help to avoid or reduce the amount of gas-producing foods you eat. Many carbohydrates cause gas, and the following items are common culprits:

Baked beans
Brussels sprouts
Carbonated drinks
Chewing gum

You can reduce belching if you:

Eat and drink slowly. Taking your time can help you swallow less air. Also, avoid drinking through a straw.
Avoid carbonated drinks and beer. They release carbon dioxide gas.
Skip the gum and hard candy. When you chew gum or suck on hard candy, you swallow more often than normal. Part of what you're swallowing is air.
Don't smoke. When you inhale smoke, you also inhale and swallow air.
Check your dentures. Poorly fitting dentures can cause you to swallow excess air when you eat and drink.
Treat heartburn. For occasional, mild heartburn, over-the-counter antacids or other remedies may be helpful. GERD may require prescription-strength medication or other treatments.

I Hope I Provided Useful Information. Do ask Furthur Questions to help You get well soon.
Dr.J.Kingson John David

General Surgeon Dr. M Y Shareef's  Response
Hi ! you have not mentioned about your diet habits, and if you had any food from outside and also if you have any history of taking alcoholic beverages. This could be a mild food poisoning and any infection anywhere will give rise to fever.
Did you take any pain killer in empty stomach? In that case you should get your abdomen by a general surgeon to know the actual position. He may suggest you some investigations like ultrasound abdomen to exclude hepato biliary and pancreatic pathology.
In the mean time, you may modify your dietary habits to non fatty roughage food with a lot of liquids. Also you can start on some good antacid, a proton pump inhibitor, and a prokinetic drug in consultation with your family physician. Hope this should help you out. Good luck.
General & Family Physician Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 's  Response
Sep 2013
Hello, thanks for the query to H.C. M.
Bloated stomach may be due to indigestion ,hyper acidity, gastritis, over feeding , spiced food.
Due to bloating patient feel a lower grade fever so need not to bother about that.
Pain in the center of chest indicate that there is something wrong in the pipe(esophagus) which brings food from mouth to stomach.
Esophagitis is the inflammation ( burning sensation)of food pipe which occurs due to gastritis, hyper acidity.
So please note down that first of check your's food's type .
Also note down that anxiety is the another cause which causes bloating in stomach.
Accordingly consult a doctor .
Good luck Dr. HET