Blister or cyst on bottom of penis. Could it be herpes? Does herpes go deep into the skin like cysts do?

A blister or cyst appeared on the bottom of my penis where the shaft meets the pubis . It felt very deep, much like a cyst. I am sexually active however and, while it is just a single very deep blister/cyst, I am paranoid about herpes. It didn t have a head on it and after I squeezed it it popped. The fluid that came out was all blood, no pus. Is this just a small cyst? Could it be herpes? Does herpes go deep into the skin like cysts do?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013