Blighted ovum in early pregnancy. Had taken superfact injection. Effects of taking injection during pregnancy?

Hi, I got pregnant with my first kid during superfact injection in oct 2009. baby was born normal in July 2010 Second attempt of superfact injection was in february 2012. I did not know i was pregnant before starting superfact injection in mid Feb 2012. Only told to stop superfact injection after 6th weeks of my first day menses. my gynae verdict me with blighted ovum at 9 weeks of pregnancy (which is last week of march 2012). I am not sure whether the superfact injection cause the blighted ovum. My first day of last menses was on 1 july 2012. I am planning to see my gynae this wednesday, 18 July 2012 to get superfact injection. I am worry that I might be pregnant during the superfact injection
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012
Superfact injection is not likely to cause the blighted ovum. The main cause of blighted ovum is a major chromosomal abberation not compatible with life. No fetus is seen inside the sac in such cases. You can re try using the injection for conception.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal