Bleeding with large tissue pieces. Done partial hysterectomy, bladder sling in the previous week. Cause?

Had a partial hysterectomy and bladder sling last Tuesday. Started bleeding yesterday, which I was told was normal but today, following that bleeding, I discharged a very large piece of tissue . This was NOT a clot! Please tell me what this could be, where it s coming from (since I have no cervix and only a one inch incision in the vagina) and if it s something I need to be worried about!! I m a little nervous about this! Thank you!
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013