Bleeding with clots after menopause. Taken Cyklolapron. Concerned about cancer

hope someone can advise me what may be up. I do not have much faith in my GP (new doctor after shifting to new town). I am 52 blood tests tell me I am now in menopause , I didn t know per-see! for 2012 I had two periods or what I thought were periods but both were like hemorrhage bleeds which I had never experienced in my life before. Filled with large clots daily and pad changing every 30-60 mins the heavy bleeds lasted for days on end but subsided. 1st December 2012 was what I thought was a third period which started off watery, pink, light blood tinged then got darker and large giant size clots again. Now here I am 18th January 2013 and still bleeding! I went to my GP and told her all about it, she said not to worry just that menopausal stage and what about the dark brown unusual discharge I asked her? Oh that s completely normal for your age too she tells me. So 3 weeks ago she put me on a course of Cyklokapron to stop the bleeding, guess what it wouldn t work! it helped lessen the amount of blood flow but I m still bleeding. Back to the doctor I went, as I had ran out of tablets. she put me on another week Cyklokapron and booked a vaginal ultrasound appt at the hospital which will be in about two weeks time. I have had blood tests which ruled out thyroid issues and a vaginal swab which ruled out infection, I already knew I didn t have an infection or a sexually transmitted disease , in fact I was horrified that she even tested me for one! Apart from not having weight loss as a gynecological cancer symptom I have several other symptoms such as the continued abnormal bleeding, foul odor, dark brown discharge is all the time, this brown discharge is something I have never seen in 40+ years of my life and definitely not like the normal brownish discharge that is considered old blood normal. I have back ache, cramping 24.7, discomfort in my abdomen more than pain, I am so tired I could sleep all day all night, I m talking extreme fatigue and I m a morning person who can usually cope with working 3 part time jobs. I am a little worried but would rather be forearmed with info than be thinking this is nothing! I am not convinced my GP is taking notice of all my symptoms... Should I be concerned about cervical cancer/uterine cancer/ ovarian cancer ? My last Pap smear was a year ago and was normal, but we know how many women have normal paps just months from diagnosis of a cervical cancer
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013