Bleeding through left nostril, blood in saliva on cleaning nose and sniffling. Cause?

I awoke early this morning and blood was coming out of my left nostril . After cleaning my nose with a tissue and sniffling.... a little blood came through my saliva through my nose from the nose bleed . This is second time that I ever had a nose bleed in the same left nostril which happened about a month ago. The first time it happened I was washing my face and as I was drying my face my left nostril began to bleed and the second time was last night while I was laying down and when I arose... blood began trickle down my left nostril. Any feedback... it would be greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012