Bleeding heavily after delivery. No menstruation until now. Pregnancy test negative. Advice?

hi< my name is monae.i had just had a baby july 30.i was bleeding very bad for almost 2 weeks.of august ever since then I have not came on and it is now the mouth of October,i would like to know whats taking my period so long to came.i took a pregnancy test at my local hospital,and it came back negative.whats taking my period so long?tt
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hi!
welcome to HCM!
It's hard to say exactly when your periods will start again. The timing is different for every mum, and it depends on your body, as well as how you are feeding your baby.

If you're breastfeeding, this will help to delay the return of your periods,it can be up to a year before you have a period. It's known as the lactational amenorrhea .
If you're lucky enough to have a baby who sleeps through the night from an early age OR if you're supplementing with formula,your periods will probably return sooner within three months to eight months.
After pregnancy, it is important to remember that you can still get pregnant even though your periods have not yet returned. This is because a woman ovulates about two weeks before she has her period.As you had a negative pregnancy test so there is nothing to worry.
hope this will help