Bleeding hasn't stopped, advised Noretisterone with iron tablets. Any side effects ?

Hi I am 48 years old and been advised to take noretisterone 3 times daily, together with with 2 iron tablets. I didnt mention to my doctor that I also talew Menopaceplus would that affect things? The bleeding hasnt stoped, although not as heavy, Been taking noretisterone for 4 days , I have a scan in 4 day time and need it to stop by then
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
Norethiserone is a man-made form of progesterone and the side effects are head ache,dizziness ,breast tenderness,changes in weight ect but using this pill for a short time have no side effects.
I think that you should be worried whats the problem,why i bleed
Therefore if the bleeding do not stop you should do some examination:
ultrasound(thick of endometer or to see any tumor or polyps)
hormonal balance
PAP smear
You should be concerned because in this age endometrial hyperplasia is very often and this is foregoing of endometrial cancer

I hope to help yuo