Bleeding gums after brushing. Pain, burning in tongue. Was on antibiotics for dog bite. Suggestions?

On sat night after brushing my teeth , I noticed my lower gums started to bleed . Since then, they have continued to bleed with brushing. The underneath part of my tongue feels very painful, like a burning sensation as well as the tip of my tongue. After brushing this morning, one tooth on each side...towards the back look as if I brushed off part of the gum! I was on antibiotics for 5 weeks due to a severe dog bite, but have been off of them for 3 weeks now. I have an appt tomorrow with a periodontist, but am seeking some type of clarification since my mouth has been hurting for 5 days now with no relief :0( I should also add that its been several years since I ve been to a dentist , due to extreme fear, high anxiety and I even fainted once walking into a dentist office. But at this point, it s a necessity to go. Thank you!
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013