Bleeding from the ear after cleaning. No pain. Need to be checked?

My wife was cleaning my 7-year old daughters ears with a Q-tip. She is always very careful not to go to far - always on the edge - but this time it cause some bleeding. My daughter never cried (and she is usually dramatic) or complained too much. The bleeding lasted maybe 10 minutes and seems to be gone. She is now asleep. Again - she had no pain. Are we O.K.?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
kindly note that one should never clean own or others ears.this can be traumatic.
This is the work of ENT specialist.
You can do one thing consult an ENT specialist for checking that the ear drums are ok. Most probably there are in your case daughter didnt have pain.because ear drum trauma is painful condition.but still there can be wax which needs to be removed which your wife might have pushed inside.
In children the ear canal is straight and small so always be very careful.