Bleeding from the anus. Need help

Hello, recently for about a month already, everytime I go to the restroom I would wipe my bottom and there would be blood on the toilet paper. Then today, I went to the restroom and a bright red colored blood kept dripping from my bottom. This is the first time that much blood has come out. I was wondering what was wrong with me. Can you help me?
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013
Hi, I have gone through your query and understood your concerns. With this presentation, I think you might be suffering from pile. Dietary changes aimed at keeping your stool loose could be of help. This includes increasing fiber intake (by consuming food such as wholegrain bread, cereals fruits and green vegetables). Also, you need to drink plenty of water (6 to 8 glasses per day) and avoid spicy foods. Apart from dietary changes, you need to consult a gastroenterologist for proper assessment as management depends on the stage of pile.
I hope I have answered your query
I wish you good health