Bleeding from pores in arms and shoulders, caused by popped blood vessels ?

Hi my pores on my arms and shoulders bleed nothing terrible but they are all over my arm and I have had an ER doctor tell me it was just popped blood vessels but I have had this since jr high..any ideas?
Asked On : Sat, 17 Mar 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
Dear patient,

Sometimes, Vitamin C defficiency can give a prsdisposition to capillary rupture and perifollicular hemorrgahes in the skin; it is rare for a clotting factor to present that way. Low platelets or dysfunctional ones can also predispose to bleeding.

You should probably have some basi testing done, such as CBC, PT, PTT and bleeding time, to ensure no major hemostasis problems

Yours truly,

Jorge A. Brenes Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN