Bleeding from ear after cleaning with q tip. Should I take him to emergency room?

I cleaned my son s ear with a q tip, he turned his head and jerked into the q-tip which inserted more than I intended to. I felt so bad, because I normally don t clean his ears with a q-tip, I usually use a wash cloth. But his ears were very dirty. He began to cry, and I was worried that it ruptured his eardrum . Shortly after he started bleeding from his ear. Should I take him into the emergency room?
Asked On : Sun, 14 Oct 2012
Even if bleeding is stopped by now… its important to understand the severity of damage inside… so its better to visit a doctor.