Bleeding from darkish brown/red to light red after surgery for oopherechtomy. Help?

Hi, I had a oopherechtomy 2 1/2 months ago...I had no bleeding post surgery but have had some off and on now that ranges from darkish brown/red to light spotting red. It is very slight but I am having to wear a liner all the time. Is this alright? I do have an appointment in a few days with my gynaecologist. It was another surgeon that performed the surgery.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Oct 2013
Mar 2014
Thanks for choosing HCM.
From your query I understand that you are having menstrual irregularities after oophorectomy. To satisfy your query completely, I would be glad if you could provide me the reason for oophorectomy as this may have a bearing on the menstrual pattern.
Having said that, this symptom may be related to the following causes:
1. Oophorectomy leading to an imbalance in the normal hormonal cycle. This is usually self remitting and corrects after one or two cycles.
2. Bleeding due to other gynecologic causes like like problems in the cervix or infection of the genital tract. These need to be ruled out by examination carried out by a trained gynecologist.

In any case you do have an appointment with your gynecologist. I recommend that you inform to him the reason for oophorectomy and he may be able to help you.
Hope this helped.
Have a good day.