Bleeding from anus, bleeding during bowel movements. How can I prevent this?

Hi im really worried because i have been passing alot (really alot dripping as im on the toilet) of blood from my anus yesterday and today. i have been working really hard on an excavator and jackhammer breaking rock etc for the last 3 days. it started the morning after the first day. I have passed small amounts in the passed every few months but nothing like this (doctor told me occasionally is normal). Im going to the doctor tomorrow after work anyway.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jun 2012
Hi Jake,

I am sorry that you are facing such a health concern. Please go to the doctor early, as too much bleeding from the anus is not a good sign.

You will need to take calcium dobesilate in the form of oral capsules and ointment for local application. You need to take it continuously for 2 weeks minimum for the bleeding from the engorged veins to stop.

Drink plenty of water; do not strain more at work. Take adequate rest.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

General & Family Physician Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha.'s  Response
Hi welcome to HCMForum. if blood is passed after the normal stools with out pain means it is piles. same bleeding with pain on one part of anus is called fissure in anus. if blood is coming along with stools and with frequency it may be due to infection of the intestines.
I advise you to consult your doctor for diagnosis