Bleeding during pregnancy. Is it dangerous? Is it harmful for the fetus? Worried

My wife is 19 week pregnant. As advised by her Gynaecologist I have get her ultrasonography done today. The finding is " Single live intrauterine foetus in variable presentation of approx.18W5D gestational age and with HETEROGENEOUS HYPOECHOIC LESION IN THE LEFT LATERAL ASPECT". Her Doctor said there is no need to worry & suggest her rest & avoid heavy work. We are worried as how this bleeding happened & will this can happen again & if there is any danger to foetus & will the foetus growth be normal with the present condition??????
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013