Bleeding during intercourse, delayed periods, had uterine polyps removed. Hormonal imbalance?

I had uterine polyps removed last month (5/21), and my menstruation was delayed a week after that. I just finished my period, but last during intercourse, I started bleeding . I have had this problem for several years, and have had two polypectomies in the past three years. We are trying to conceive, and I am devastated that what we thought was the problem (polyps) was really only one of them. My doctor prescribed me a low dose of estrogen for ten days after my surgery. Could the cause of bleeding be hormonal imbalance?
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012