Bleeding due to splinter from wood frame. Is risk of infection low?

Hello I am a staff nurse and work in an operating theatre today I got a splinter from the door frame in the theatres and my hand started bleeding. I had a look at the door frame and there didn't seem to be any blood on it took normal procedure and phoned occupational health who says the risk of catching was low so no need to take blood just want to know if this is ok advice thanks!
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013

I see that you have had a splinter from the OT door in your hand.

As the occupational health people have already informed you, the chances of getting any form of infection from a splinter are extremely low.

I suggest that you relax and should not give too much thought to it.

Hope this helps.