Bleeding, cramps after having protected sex. Why? On sugar pills

My girlfriend and I have had sex once since her last period, we used protection and shes on birth control , I didnt finish inside of her, we took the condom off and finished with her giving me a hand***. Is there a way she can be pregnant? The sex was a little rough, and made her bleed for a day or two after, with some cramps and period like symptoms, but since we dont have sex alot i think somthing inside of her ripped or somthing. But shes on her 4th sugar pill out of 7 and shes getting really worried, all she has is brown discharge , and shes wondering why. she has not had any cramping or anything, but ive read that any bleeding , even a little bit while on the sugar pills is considered a period, is that true? I also checked the condom for holes by putting water into it, and there wasnt any. And this month was a little stressfull for her as she had to take finals in college. Please help!
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012