Bleeding between periods, prolonged period cycles, leg and back pain. Scan shows uterine fibroids. Treatment?

I had a scan yesterday they told me I have a fybroid 3.5cm x 5cm . I have been bleeding in between periods for about 18 months , and this last time I ve been bleeding for a month with just one day off !!! Feeling really tired and the bottom of my back and legs hurt as I stand all day I m a barber. Due to see the gyneocologist on Wednesday thanks
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012
Mar 2013
Thanks for writing us with your health concern.
If the fibroid is symptomatic, it needs treatment.
If possible please upload the scan report at -
The location and type of fibroid also matters.
First, medical management with progesterone maybe tried, if that fails, you can go for surgical removal.