Bleeding before regular cycle. Taken I-pill. Reason, what measures should I take to avoid getting pregnant?

Hi, my bf & i had protected sex but something went wrong with the condom and he ejaculated some in me and some out on me. I took a contraceptive pill (i-pill) just to be sure. I bled after 2-3 days, not with the same intensity as my menstrual cycle but the time span was the same (5days). That was not during my regular cycle. Could this mean something bad ? And also are there any more ways to stop pregnancy except taking an i-pill ? Coz i ve heard that taking contraceptives too often isn t good for the female. So if could also suggest some other ways.
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012