Bleeding at puncture spot after donating blood, feeling weak, headache. Why do I feel this way?

I donated blood today (1130 a.m.) and right when i was finishing, the technician was moving the needle around to keep the blood flowing. I began to bleed heavily from the needle spot. The tech said she pulled a clot. It took a while to get the bleeding stopped and then I felt ill and like I was going to pass out. My hands also felt extremely numb and cramped into a funny position. After tilting my chair back, having a fan blow on me, and some fluids, I felt normal once again. However, I still feel extremely week, a bit queazy, and have a severe headache . I am trying to drink lots of water and have been unable to do anything but rest since I came home. My question is, why do I feel this way and when will I feel better. I have donated blood several times and this has never happened.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012