Bleeding and stomach ache. On depo provera injection. Not pregnant. Still having contractions. Why?

I am 41 years old.i am coming to the end of depo provera injection.i have been bleeding lightly forfour weeks with stomach ache.last week I started getting terrible cramps and heavy bleeding.i went to the loo and passed a large lump of white tissue which seemed to be surrounded with blood vessels.the pain and bleeding stopped immediately. I saw the gp and had a negative pregnancy test.a scan showed nothing. The next day the pain and heavy bleeding started again.i still have it now with contractions coming and going.
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013