Bleeding and oozing pus from ear. Normal when gauging up?

i moved up on my ear gauge size 3 days ago i went from a size 8g to a size 6g, i havent taken my gauge out due to the pain until today i decided to take a look at it and as soon as i took out my right gauge it began to bleed and a little bit of pus came out, i know some people get this when they gauge up but im not sure what i should do as to if its normal and i just need to let it adjust and heal or should i go down to an 8g and not gauge up anytime soon or not gauge up at all?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Oct 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hello, thank you for communicating with us for your problem. As per the history you have given us it seems that you have put a gauge in ear. and packed it ?? if this is so then what is the need to do it . ideally this is a wrong practice to pack the ear canal . you should stop and consult the E.N.T surgeon as there may be a perforation in in ear drum. and this practice may further complicate the disease.
Please don’t hesitate to consult and ask for any more queries. I will be pleased to answer.
With best wishes for a speedy cure
Dr Ajay Lavania