Bleeding and clots. Have irregular periods. Stopped birth control pills. Occasional stomach pain. Normal?

Hi, from about 3 weeks I have had blood stains and small clots in my underwear..though it has had not been everyday. I am sure it s not my periods. However I have irregular periods and have been using pills for more than 3 years and stop using them in may 2012...sometimes I have terrible pain in my stomach it something I should be concern or is it normal?
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012
Jan 2016
Your intermenstrual spotting and sometimes clots seems to be due to hormonal disturbance. Since you have stopped using (contraceptive) pills for about 3 years, this cannot be related to the pills.
If the eggs are not being released it may lead to the excessive thickening of the lining of the uterus (Endometrium) which can break in between causing some spotting to bleeding.
The other causes could be some small growth inside the uterine cavity. But usually such growth cause excessive bleeding rather than spotting.
Please get your thorough work up done along with ultrasonographic study an endometrial study. It is likely, you will require some cyclical hormonal treatment for few months.