Bleeding and brown mucus, nausea. Am I pregnant or was it just an abnormal period?

Hello. I am about to turn 22, me and my fiance have been trying for a baby. I have not taken any birth control , nor have I ever been issued one due to my migraine/seizure medications . They took me off of them about two months ago. I am always a 25 day cycle menstrual . On day 17 of my menstrual cycle, I had bright red blood with a small amount of brown mucus looking material but only when I urinated for about two days. I did wear a panty liner, but the blood was not heavy enough to fill, and my periods are always heavy. It is now over 30 days since my last regular cycle. I have not taken a home pregnancy test yet. I have felt very nauseated at night (about the same time every night) for the past two weeks. Am I pregnant or was the just a weird period? My doctor usually has over a 5 hour wait time even with appointment, so I m prolonging the visit.
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012