Bleeding after using birth control patch. Menstruation?

Hello, I have a question about my birth control patch. I started the patch three Saturdays ago when my period first started as I was supposed to, last Tuesday, November 13th i started bleeding , I still had my patch on (last one out of three), I took my patch off this Saturday, November 17th. I have been bleeding since then, almost a week, it has been light, but constant. My period normally only lasts four days, five at most. Is it just my body getting used to the patch? Or is this considered my actuall period ?
Asked On : Fri, 23 Nov 2012
In the usual procedure of patch application, withdrawal bleeding occurs approximately one week after removal of patch and that is when the next cycle begins. It is possible for breakthrough bleeding to occur in the initial months of application and this subsides naturally. Apply your next patch as scheduled on next Saturday, i.e., on 24th November. Please get further instructions from your doctor and also have an examination to rule out any other problem. Good luck.