Bleeding after urination. Prescribed Ponstan. What could it be?

I have an urine infection I think, When I urinate blood passes through it also hurts to urinate. It doesn t hurt whilst urinating just after there is a sharp pain a pain kind of like when you hold it in for ages. I saw the doctor about it right away and she prescribed me with ponstan. But i m no where near my cycle and I know it s not my period i m going back there tomorrow though to sort things out what do you think is wrong with me
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013