Bleeding after sex, lasting for days, tightness above pubic bone, get light periods. What could the cause be?

Hi, I am 36, in a relationship, the last 3-4 months I have noticed that I experience spotting after sex (during mid-cycle usually). But it is getting gradually worse, this month (5 days after ovulation ) I had more blood than usual (the bleeding has lasted 2 days now) and have a tightness/discomfort/slight cramping above my pubic bone. This time it the bleeding occurred during sex in the morning (also intimate for a long time the night before - could this be the reason for the bleeding?). I don t think I am pregnant (hope not) as I observed signs of ovulation 5 days before this. I usually get very light periods that only last about 3-4 days, but painful. I am very shy of examinations, so going to a doctor is out of the question for now. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012