Bleeding after picking on tonsil stones. Blocked throat, stuffy nose, feeling cold. No pus or swelling. What is it?

I suffer from tonsillitis and tonsil stones. The other night I was picking at my tonsils for the tonsil stones, and out came a bunch and I felt better. I pressed my luck with my other side and it bled like crazy for barely touching it. That was 3 days ago and now I feel horrible, my throat feels almost shut. No puss on tonsils and lymph nodes are not swollen. I am so confused, my body feels run down and cold and my nose is a little stuffy. Any suggestions as to what it is?
Asked On : Wed, 14 Nov 2012