Bleeding after knuckle cut, turning purple, sensitive to touch. Healing process?

I cut my knuckle on my pinky finger over a month ago. It was pretty deep and bleeding a lot. I used pressure with band aides to push the skin back together and it started to heal. Every now and then I notice that the knuckle turns purple and is still quite sensitive to touch or bend. Is this just the process of healing?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013
Thanks for the query posted.
Your knuckle seems to be very sensitive which is not a good sign after a month of injury .
Probably the healing phase is still going on as the nature of injury was serious.
I would suggest you to book an appointment with the Orthopedic and Dermatologist to clinically review your joints and skin .
Thanks and Take care