Bleeding after intercourse, protected sex, heavy bleeding, sexually active for many years. Treatment?

hi,i have been sexual inactive for several months and 3 weeks ago i have started again but ive noticed a small bleading after the first intercourse and the next ones, last night it got really serious and it was a bigger amount of blood .My period is due to come in the next days.We used protection as well so i dont think is a sexual transmited desease.I am traveling now so i cant see a doctor at this time but im wondering what is wrong.I have never had the problem before and i have been sexual active for several years now.Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012