Bleeding after intercourse. Could this be due to the implanon?

I have abstained from sex for 3 years until about 2 months ago. I am 34 and in a committed relationship, and recently I have been bleeding after intercourse. Sometimes it is brownish, but sometimes it is bright red. It lasts a day or so and is not really heavy, but enough for me to be worried. There have also been two times where there are pieces of tissue in the toilet afterwards..bright red. I am on the Implanon implant and am curious to get some ideas of why this is happening. Could it be related to my birth control? I know that my partner is 100 percent committed and neither of us have STD s, he is rather large..could this be related?. Any ideas?
Asked On : Wed, 5 Sep 2012