Bleeding after having rough sex, really sore, cut on the minora labia. What to do ?

Okay so me and my boyfriend have been having sex for a while now, and well I do like it rough. The thing is that we haven t been able to have sex for a while and so we have been substituting oral instead. Neither of us have an std so I know that that is not my issue. In fact I know what happened, he was being a rough with me, knowing that I like it. And well right after I was pulling my pants up and he noticed blood . It didn t hurt, at least not yet. I went to the bathroom to check, and I was bleeding down there, my bf came in and asked me if I was okay. (We have a very close relationship, I m completely comfortable with him and tell him everything) I told him that I was bleeding and that it couldn t be my period because I had just had it last week. I was taking tissue to try and get the blood to stop, I got up and checked again in about an hour and the bleeding had apparently stopped. I was still worried though, expect ally when no got home that night it was getting really sore down there. I took a mirror and I looked at my vagina , the minora labia has a bad cut just above the opening of my vagina on the right side. It started bleeding again. I went to bed with a pad on and in this morning I m sore. Hurts to walk. I looked using the mirror and the blood is a brown color. It s not really blood though. It reminds me of the old blood I have the first day of my period. It covers the cut and my vagina(which isn t hurt). I know it s from my bf giving me rough oral and differing me last night. I would really like to know how to make it heal a bit faster, and stop hurting when ever I walk or close my legs. My boyfriend has already said that he is going to me gentle next time. He was really worried about the bleeding. So doc, what so I do?.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

First of all, this is an open wound, and has chances of getting infected. Thus, visiting a doctor would be the best option. A short prophylactic course of antibiotics can prevent an infection and also promote healing. Pain management and anti-inflammatory medication could be avoided, as the problem will subside on its own.

In the meantime, avoid sexual contact, keep the area clean, and continue the use of a sterile pad.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.