Bleeding after fingering, no pain or irritation in vaginal region. What could be the cause?

My girlfriend has been raped 2 times in her life, the most recent time being when she was 11 she is 17 now and me and her have started trying to become sexualy active but during the foreplay stages we realized that whenever i put my fingers into her vagina it gives her pleasure and she is able to have an orgasm with no pain but my fingers are covered in blood , at first we thought that i had scratched her but after the third time of it happening over 3 months even with me cutting my nails we figured it cant be tht, and the only soreness she has we figure is caused by her never being sexualy active or ever being touched in that way other than the rapes because it only lasts one day at the most and she has no irritation in the vaginal region, is it possible that her cherry has yet to be popped and thats wats causing this or what could it be and is it life threatning?
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012
Mar 2013
Hello
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
It is possible that it is hymenal bleeding.
IT could also be a small polyp or infection in the cervix.
No it is not life threatening.
But first have a gynecological evaluation and confirm the cause.