Bled after hitting head. Head injury. What does it sound like?

my daughter just tripped and hit the side of her head, it started bleeding immediately for a couple min. then stopped. She did not loss consciousness , just crying of course! We came home and I cleaned the blood out of her hair and saw a size of a penny wound, after I peeled the hair away it started to bleed again, its been an hour and its still bleeding, very minimally. Should I take her to the Doc or is she okay, Im just worried about closed head injury . She seems to be fine, aware of what we bought at the store prior to the fall and remember the fruit I told her about 10 min ago!
Asked On : Sun, 23 Sep 2012