Blackish color on fingertips, spreads to other body parts once skin dries, excessive dryness and peeling on palm. What could it be?

I am a 43 yo female and my fingertips have a blackish color in the creases (ie. the indentation of the fingerprint). It is mostly on my thumbs and forefingers, but in the shower, I notice that my other fingers and even my palm gets the same blackish color. It goes away on the other parts after my skin dries completely. My thumbs and forefingers are also extremely dry and peeling (no redness or pain ). What is going on? Is there some heavy metal or toxin trying to get out?
Asked On : Sat, 21 Apr 2012
Hi i think u are suffering from irritant dermatitis due to excessive can occur with frequent washing of hands .work im chemical factories.disel mechanic.housewifes can be cured by atarax 25 mg at night.antibiotic twice daily and application of moisteriser along with dipsalic ointment over the lesions .after saline compressors.use steriods if there is no response with this treatment