Blackish brown spot on the toe, no pain, no instance of injury. Treatment advice?

I have healthy clean dry and soft feet and healthy toe nails . Never walk bare feet. If I have to, then I wear a pair of socks and walk, say in a temple. I always apply moixturex medicated skin cream after washing my feet , what ever be the season, every night before going to bed every day, every day since several decades. Suddenly, 2 days back I noticed that my 3rd toe of my left leg has a blackish brown spot covering 7o% of the nail. No pain or fungal infection noticed. It looks still healthy though it has turned color. I dont recollect ever having bumped into injuring my toe nail in the past few days. I am a middle aged male. Pl advice. Thanks. YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012