Blackish brown clots during periods, no red blood, heavy bleeding, missed periods. Causes?

hello, i always had regular periods until a few months ago. last month in September the 15 i was suppose to get my period. but instead i got blackish brown looking clots! and these clots lasted for 3 days there was no red blood! so, after the 3 days i started bleeding a lot on september 18 to the 21st! it was a lot of blood. now in october i was suppose to get my period a week ago on 10/6 and i didnt get it yet! i took a pregnancy test and it came out negative! im getting worried and i dont know what to do please help me?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012