Blackish blue lump on inner thigh, itchiness, appeared suddenly. Insect bite?

Today I got this random lump on my inner thigh. I felt an itch where it was and went to scratch it and noticed the lump, it seemed like it JUST happened, because I didn t feel anything there before I scratched and it s been getting worse all night. It s an oval lump, kinda hard but still soft if you understand what I mean by that. It s now blackish blue in color, when I first got it it was mostly pink with a little dot of grey-ish blue, now the entire thing is blackish blue. It hurts when I press on it. What is this, should I be concerned? Is it some sort of bug bite?
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012
Thanks for query,
As it turns black from pink the first possibility is
you have blood collected at your thigh may be due to any injury or insect bite.
It may be an eruption of boil.
You should take mild anti inflammatory medicine along with anti allergic medicine.