Blackened leg due to a fall. Big mass sticking out of the leg. Not able to talk. Have dementia. What could this be?

my 65 year old mum has dementia . She had a fall recently and her whole outside thigh from top to bottom went black. She is walking fine but cannot talk any more. Today I have noticed that the bruising has gone but there is a massive lump (about the size of a hand stretched out) sticking out of her leg. She won t let me touch it. I m taking her for an xray tomorrow but have no idea what this could be? Any ideas please?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012