Black, white spots on tonsil. Saw blood when touched with a q-tip. See the doctor?

Black and white spots on left tonsil. No swelling , pain, fever or other symptoms. I have a black spot on my left tonsil I thought it might have been food since it was not normally there. I touched it with a q-tip and it came back with blood on it. This same tonsil also has developed within the past half day white residue on it. I would assume tonsillitis , but there s no swelling, fever, pain or anything. Should I go see a doctor?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013